Sunday, June 29, 2008

While I'm at it...

I might as well continue the thoughts running through my head, such as "what was I thinking booking a wedding show in the middle of June?" June was my busiest month I've ever had. Not because I had a wedding every weekend, but because three of the four were full service and heavy on design, labor, and time. My rep at the Wedding Planner & Guide is very convincing and got me to agree to do their boutique summer show at the Marriott West. I had heard conflicting information about how well attended the show was, so I was a little nervous. Dana asked me to also do a theme table in addition to my booth. If you've seen my other posts, you'll know that I don't do anything half way - it's all out or nothing!

I must send a special "shout out" to the ladies at BBJ Linen in Milwaukee. They have come through for me in a very special way by helping me secure the linens I used for my booth. They are also very creative and are excellent sounding boards for even your most outlandish ideas. Side note - most wedding consultants say they have a special interest. Sometimes it's invitations, sometimes it's the dress, but for me, it's linens. I feel very strongly about having specialty linens and the impact they make on a reception space. BBJ Linen in Milwaukee is the best in the area and their new showroom is the best place to get creative, see and touch your ideas before making the commitment.

Without further ado, below are images of my booth and my theme table. I received several comments from attendees and exhibitors about my theme table. I was very proud of it and hope to continue to expand on my design services with future clients. Enjoy!


You know me, always with the pink. Portraits of my beautiful brides grace the tabletop.


This centerpiece was so easy to create and everything came from the grocery store! I like to show brides that they can come up with creative and fun centerpieces to mix in with traditional floral work.


This is a more traditional design, perhaps for the Fall, consisting of warm reds, eggplant and some hot pink mixed in. I created a simple red apple bowl for the centerpiece and instead of a menu card, I created a reception itinerary card. We have programs for the ceremony, why not for the reception? Maybe I'll start a trend... Now the theme table...




The theme assigned to me was "Enchanting." I chose to go for a "Midsummer Night's Dream" feel with the sparkly moss overlay and rosy pink accents. Andrea from Fleurishes Floral Artistry collaborated with me to create the whimsical floral centerpiece with curly willow and hanging votive holders (filled with flowers instead of candles!). I accented the table with moss colored wine glasses and charming silver lanterns on the tables. You can't see it, but the menu cards celebrated the wedding of Ross and Rachel. One of America's favorite on and off couples in TV history!

Another event I had the pleasure of being invited to was the Wisconsin Bride Best of 2008 awards. I had been nominated for best wedding planner. I'm so proud to have been nominated, mainly because the other two nominees were both from Madison and all three of us are Association of Bridal Consultant members. That just proves once again that when you need a wedding planner, you should hire a true professional associated with this fantastic worldwide organization (www.bridalassn.com). Congrats to Bill and Jayme and all the other Madison vendors who won or were nominated!