Sunday, June 29, 2008

Where's Angela?

After running into a fellow bridal consultant recently, she reminded me that I have this great blog that is going to waste. If you've been checking back regularly, I apologize. I will be better. Writing has just been difficult for me, but after a month long of wedding after wedding, I feel I have plenty to talk about.

First, what I want to write about is how incredibly grateful I am for my assistants. Sure, I can fix a ripped hem or do a quick fix on a bustle, but one of the top snafus on wedding days are dress or clothing related and I must say that having an expert seamstress as my assistant has come in very handy. Cindy also has a calm and upbeat demeanor that I value in myself. As the person in charge, it helps no one if I respond to undesirable situations with panic. It's the same for my assistants. If they appear frazzled, then the bride, groom, vendors and guests will pickup on that and become stressed. To the right is a picture of Cindy and me after we decorated a honeymoon suite for one of my clients last summer (a little surprise I give my clients when possible).

My spring intern and assistant for this summer is a stylist. Tracy has come to the rescue with bobby pins and shears to fix up loose tendrils and shaggy bangs, keeping brides and bridesmaids looking their best. Both of these professions require fast and steady hands, skills that are handy in setting up for weddings (especially for chair covers!).

Anyone who is anyone knows that they could not be who they are without great assistants. So, this blog's to you Cindy and Tracy. Thanks for helping me to give brides, grooms, their families and guests a seamless and beautiful day!

Next up, June wedding bells!